January 18, 2012

wordy wednesday: entry #1

today i decided to kick off my blogofied {my word} scripture journal. as a Christian i strongly believe it's important to read scripture. but if i'm truly honest with myself: i find it very very hard to act on this belief. so for my first entry i wanted to analyze why we {i} should read more of the bible.

"Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful in one way or another- showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way."
- 2 Timothy 3:16  
so scripture is like words from God... ok that's very basic.  but have you ever noticed that He knows exactly what to say to convict us.  showing us who we really are, and how we sin.  He points out our flaws to train us, to mold us in His likeness.

it's weird when you know you are struggling with a sin or a problem in your life and you break open your Bible for the first time in a month and the topic that you see is the exact problem you are facing.  that's how it was with me this week.  i typed in a search term in my Bible that's on my phone; i typed: inspire & this is the scripture that popped up.  it was what i needed to hear to get me back on track with my readings.  i am not perfect and i will never know enough about God.  so everyday, i need to be reading scripture.  i need to grow in my walk.

without further a due, i introduce to you "Wordy Wednesday"!  i hope you enjoyed it!  but i'm dedicating myself to get back in touch with the voice of my Creator and to make sure that i do this, i need accountability partners.  i need you guys.  each wednesday, i'm going to post a scripture that has touched me the most from the scripture i have read throughout the week.  i'll then put the posts under a button on my blog!

fill me in with your thoughts & feelings!  happy wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment